- Weekend Mass Times:
- Saturday: 5:30 PM (English)
- Sunday: 7:45 AM, 10:30 AM, 5:00 PM (English)
- 12:15 PM (Spanish)
- 9:15 AM (First Sunday of the month only - German)
- Weekday Mass Times:
- Monday: 8:30 AM (English)
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM (English)
- Wednesday: 6:00 PM (English)
- Thursday: 8:30 AM (English)
- Friday: 8:30 AM (English)
- Saturday: 8:30 AM (English)
- Holy Days and Holidays
Set up online donations
to St. Alphonsus. Subscribe to our
free e-newsletter, with up-to-the-minute information on parish news and events.
Forming Children in the Faith
One of the largest responsibilities and also greatest joys of a parish is working with parents in helping to form the next generation of disciples.
We have excellent programs in both Tuesday Religious Education and Alphonsus Academy and Center for the Arts. (Both programs follow the goals and curriculum linked on this page.)
Each child should be enrolled in a religious education program each year of school, in grades one through eight. We also offer pre-school and kindergarten (in the school) and kindergarten (in the Tuesday RE program.)
Beginning in 2012, we will include a two-year program to prepare high school students for confirmation (and First Communion, if they have not yet received it.) This program will be held concurrently with our grade school program, on Tuesday evenings.
We try to mainstream students with special needs to the best our ability in the Tuesday RE program. We recruit catechists who can work one-on-one with students, if necessary. If a student can't be accommodated in our program, there are local SPRED centers (Special Religious Education) and we will coordinate with them to help meet the student's needs. Every child can be catechized and prepared for the sacraments.
Resources and Links
- Comprehensive goal and vision statement - What students should know by the time they are confirmed. Our desire is to help them accept the demands of being disciples, while knowing the basics of our faith and Church tradition.
- The full curriculum
While class participation is important, nothing substitutes for a child being raised in a household of faith. We encourage (and expect) parents to help their children learn the prayers and traditions of the church, modeling and reinforcing what is covered in class.
- The Tuesday Religious Education handbook.
- The complete Religious Education and Sacrament Calendar.
- Become a fan on Facebook for up-to-the-minute information about the program.
Sacrament Preparation for Children
We have parish programs, involving family participation, for the preparation of children who wish to celebrate baptism, penance, confirmation and First Communion. Full information is available here.
The Tuesday Religious Education Program
The Tuesday program meets every week from 6:15 PM to 7:30 PM in the school. The classes begin in September and end in early May.
Volunteer catechists are the backbone of the program, giving hours of time and dedication. If you are interested in becoming a catechist, contact Catherine Crino.
Registration for the program begins in May for returning students and in July for new students. Late registration may be possible if space is still available in a grade level. We also take students transferring from other programs, with a transfer letter from their previous parish or Catholic school. For further information, contact Catherine Crino.